The Greenhouse

by - June 20, 2013


The Greenhouse by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir
Read about this book on Goodreads
My rating: 8/10

I was supposed to read at least 8 books written by Scandinavian authors for my university entrance exam and I grabbed this book, not knowing what it would be about. I only loved the Czech cover.

The book is about a young boy who decides to leave home, his caring father and autistic brother and fly to a foreign country to fullfill his dream of recreating an old rose garden. He's doing very well when he gets a phone call from mother of his baby girl and his life changes.

What I loved about this book was how real it was, it's obviously made up, but it seems like no fiction at all. It's probably not a book that you would read over and over again, but it's a great story of a young man on his intricated way to independce touched by his previous imprudence. Definitely a good summer read.




You May Also Like

0 comments