Travel bucket list

by - October 17, 2017

Since I was a little kid, I have been dreaming about spending Christmas in Moscow - and it is still high on my bucket list of travel related experiences. Which other places I´d like to visit? Continue reading to find out.


Moscow in winter Photo credit

1. Spend Christmas in Moscow

I have always found pictures of Moscow magical and is there anything more magical than pictures of Moscow in winter? Look above, I think the photo says it all.

2. Experience Chinese culture

I had a plan of going to China for a summer course this summer, however, the course got cancelled and so did my plans. I still really really wanna go to China, to experience the culture & practise the language.

3. See the wonders of New Zealand

Milford Sound, the Waitomo Caves, Wai-O-Tapu or Rotorua, I´d love to travel New Zealand north to south.

4. Train muay thai in Thailand

Everybody who ever tried thaibox probably dreams about training it in it´s country of orgin. Me included.

5. Watch the Olympic games in Japan

Tokyo 2020? And the muay thai competition? Sounds about right. It is not confirmed yet, but I have always dreamed about seeing the Olympics and Japan is also a country I definitely want to visit one day.

6. Explore Kizhi Island

When I mention Kizhi, people often confuse it with Fiji. All wrong. Kizhi island is an island in Karelian region in Russia, known for beautiful nature and wooden churches.

7. Wander throught Patagonia

By now, you probably have an idea - I crave to explore the odd places. Visiting Patagonia or even Antartica would be the dream.

8. Practise yoga with the monks

Not putting a destination stamp on this, but I believe it would be a life changing experience.

9. Meet the native tribes

Another not so specific goal, but I´d feel bad picking just one or two tribes.

10. Visit Denmark

Congratulations, you have reached the ice-hockey part of my travel bucket list. Danes were actually the very first team I ever supported (back in 2007) and it´s crazy when I realise I have not visited this little country yet. I have a plan of going this winter though, so this may not be a long shot.

11. Watch every European ice hockey league

I had a conversation with another hockey fan and this sounded like a good life-long challenge to take on. I have seen hockey in seven countries, but only watched 2 national leagues. And that should not be that hard to change.

12. Watch ice hockey on every continent

And this is like the ultimate hockey challenge.

13. Live in St. Petersburg

I fell in love with Piter when I first visited it and I would love to spend much more time in this beautiful city.

14. Hike to Machu Piccu

Because I have heard so much about it.

15. See the northern lights

Every travel wishlist must-see, of course I couldn´t miss this one on the list!


Now tell me - which places are on your bucket list? 

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. That first picture to start with looks like a shot from an animated movie. It's so amazing. While I was reading, even my kid showed a lot of interest in the place. Most of those are on my list too. Especially the Northern lights.. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate with so many of these. I once went up for an interview and actually told them that I want the job, so that I can have the money to travel and see the northern lights. I have never heard of Kizhi Island though, so it is new to me. I hope someday your wish to visit all these places come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting travel bucket list. Even I have one and some of the things are common with yours like watching the northern lights. Afterall what is the life of a traveler without a travel bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful travel wish list! I have been to Moscow and it is a wonderful city, but I think it winter it can get very cold. Also, my dream is to get to Antarctica. I have been to Patagonia this year and loved it so much! Such a unique place of this Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to New Zealand and seen those places and you will love it! I hope you get to these places one day. I also would love to hike Machu Piccu but other than that I would love to do a road trip on the west coast of the USA.

    ReplyDelete