No One Writes to the Colonel

by - June 25, 2013

No One Writes to the Colonel by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez
Read about this book on Goodreads
My rating: 7/10

I have to admit I was a bit scared of reading Márquez, because I knew his 100 years of solitude is a book with a lot of characters and plot twists. It wasn't necessary because this book is different, it's a short story about an old colonel. He lives with his old, ill wife and they're both poor and struggling to survive. The colonel is patiently waiting for a letter that would mean money for his family, however, it doesn't come. The book is very deep and the story of old man's powerlessness is very touching.


I read this book on a train and I think it's a perfect choice for a train ride - it's short and easy to understand.

You May Also Like

0 comments